Dead Bear

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Oh just great...as if hunters in New Jersey don't get enough bad press-I hope whoever this idiot is he goes camping up in Sussex County and gets mauled.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is a shame. Fortunitely the author had the good sense to mention that the deer hunters were upset, indicating that not all hunters are so malicious.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I just don't understand... Why ??
How many people would give anything just to have a chance to see a bear.
I know it would make my year to spy a little bear & have my daughter or sons with me at the time.

Why.

bigfootmorf

Jan 8, 2006
Brownsmills
as a hunter

As a hunter myself,i am disgusted.Most hunters are honest,ethical,and law abiding citizens,as a matter of fact,these guys that are responsible are not hunters,they are poachers!!! They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I know there had been a mom and a cub siteing at menatico ponds in cumberland county. I hope it wasn't the same, I saw tracks in cumberland county this fall. It's ashame too many people in a densely populated state like new jersey have no respect for wildlife. I don't see how someone feels better about themselves by doing something like that. World is a weird place.

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
That is more than a shame, its a crime. I will never understand how somebody could find such little value in a life that after shooting a subadult bear they would dump its body roadside. Somebody help me understand, is life worth so little?
Looking back now, its makes me more than a little skeptical that I posted a pic of one I saw as well as the general location. Not that I worry about the general users here, but there are lurkers.
I'll end by saying a rule all should follow. Respect wildlife and the role it plays in our world and lives. Denegrating them takes away the purity and honesty that wildlands and creatures represent.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I hope they catch the responsible party.

On a positive note, one of the best places I know to catch a bear bounding across the highway or a trail in the backcountry is Shenandoah NP. I can't wait to get back maybe this spring.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Funny you say that while down there this last spring my sister and brother in law saw one bounding across a narrow road at shanendoah. I guess it is a fairly common occurence. I personally have seen two including being chased by one is blakslee, pa, a pretty fun experience for a 10 year old.