Dead Deer

wis bang

Explorer
Jun 24, 2004
East Windsor
Unfortunately the trauma of a collision between a 3500 LB. SUV and a 100 LB deer causes damage to alot of the meat. Any hemerage from the impact +/or broken bones must be cut away. Now a 100 Lb deer has 30 -50 Lbs of useable meat less any blood-shot tissue; you mya not recover enough useable meat to be ecconomically viable. Remember all pet foods manufactured in the USA must be fit for human consumption.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I remember hearing that during the depression the highway dept. would collect roadkilled deer from the night before and give them to charity kitchens to feed homeless people. I would imagine that if this was actually practiced it would have been in the colder months. I don't know what kind of health law were in effect at the time or what the FDA had to do with it, or even if it is 100% true.

Jeff

Beats starving to death

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
there was a chinese restaurant in woodbury a few years back that would give between $25 - $70 bucks depending on what shape they were in and how fresh. my friend used to work for the guy.

foofoo

Explorer
Sep 14, 2003
what do you think you get at the china buffet places? l.o.l. as long as it tastes good and you dont know what it is who cares.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
about five years ago they caught the military police at fort A.P.Hill here in VA selling deer that they were jacklighting on base to a chinese food wholesaler in the D.C. area.They were getting $100 per deer,and shooting as many as a dozen a night.Pretty good money for a bunch of enlisted guys. There is also a big demand for black bear,the gall bladder is used in some kind of verility potion. They pay big money for them.