Decoy Show Hat Pins

These hat pins appeal to a small but fervent group of collectors. The three I have are the Ocean County Decoy and Gunning Show's first 3 issues, 1997, 1998 and 1999. Actually the first pin issued (1997) was the last year it was called the Barnegat Bay Decoy and Gunning Show. I have been told by reliable sources that $1,000 was offered for a 1997 pin alone, but I don't know who that bidder was. These are in excellent condition - never exposed to the elements. Please let me know if you know of a collector (or are one yourself!) - Thanks!

decoypins.jpg

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
I don't know what they are worth or who would want them.
Just a sugestion:
A good way to find out, would be to list them on Ebay with a high reserve price.
Start the auction at $ .99 with an unrealstic reserve, if you don't want to sell them. Or set the reserve at the price you would be happy to get for them.
List them as seperate auctions.
You never know there may be several people that HAVE to have them.

As an example: I had an old working Browning Radio single channel transmitter that I paid $50. for.
I listed it on Ebay and come to find out it was very rare.
I ended up getting $1100. for it.:dance:

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
If anyone here is interested in these pins or in filling gaps in their collection, leftovers from the show are sold year-round. All years are not available, such as the first one with the brant, but the ones we have are all sold at the original price of five bucks, regardless of what they are going for on E-Bay!:). Just call Wells Mills Park during the week, at 609-871-3085, to check on what's available.