Deep Water Update

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Jessica and I ventured today to the location where Bob and I made the Deep Water video years ago. Our attempt was to get a GoPro in there to get a better view under the water, but I was only able to reach down so far because the beavers had flooded the upland area right around the edges of the location.

I also took a video of us walking there. Nothing special but if you are interested give them a go.

https://youtu.be/VtxkbuwSfvw

https://youtu.be/f0sC5gk_Xx8

IMG_1516a.jpg

DSC_4211a.jpg

DSC_4204a.jpg

Jessica took this with her phone.

IMG_1519aa.jpg

And later we revisited the Large Whorled Pogonia (Isotria verticillata) which Bob found a few years back. It is not native to the area. It is past prime and I should have been there in the middle of May.

DSC_4216c.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Is Deep water a spring? What creek is that? If a secret then leave it that way.A twelve foot deep hole in a crik that small is quite odd.
The second video was quite neat.It was like I was the one walking it.Guy you'd move your head and I"d think "through there" and you'd go that way.It happened time and again,we'd pick the same gap between the trees and I didn't even know which way i was trying to head in:)

Reactions: TommyP

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't want to say where it is. It is just too nice a place to let anyone know for fear of what may happen.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
What's the most plausible scientific reason for there to be a hole that deep in the middle of a small creek?

Or is this more common than I realize?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What's the most plausible scientific reason for there to be a hole that deep in the middle of a small creek?

Or is this more common than I realize?
Because the beavers have blocked the stream it is overflowing and making a new stream nearby. I could not even step in it because it already was washing away. It is just a soft silt from what I can tell and it easily flows with the water. I think that is the reason the main stream is so deep.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Interesting Guy. I've never seen you wear a hat in my life. I didn't even know it was you at first.
Last year I had a problem with my lip. There was one spot that was always sore and never healed. Over the winter it returned to normal and I made the decision I would wear a hat from now on in the summer. But as usual I never purchased one. However, my wife stepped in and it was laying on my bed a few weeks back.

Reactions: TommyP and bobpbx