Dem Bonz, Dem Bonz, Dem Bonz...

ebsi2001

Explorer
May 2, 2006
southern NJ
Local kid makes good by digging--up old bones...

It's nicknamed Bone Island, a desolate, windswept 6-acre patch of trees and grass in the middle of the St. Croix River in Maine.
It's called Bone Island because of the bones rumored to surface now and then, legendarily from the 35 men who died a slow, agonizing death from scurvy here during the winter of 1604-05.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/story/6919873p-6783313c.html

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
FYI, the Newspaper Articles forum is for:

"Newspaper articles regarding the Pine Barrens or topic related to the environment in NJ."

Just noticed the spelling mistake in that.

Stuff like this belongs in General Discussion.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I jujst saw this on TV yesterday, Nov 11, probably the discovery channel. That was a tough disease.

ebsi2001

Explorer
May 2, 2006
southern NJ
This is why running a website sucks. Because as soon as I move a thread or say "hey, this doesn't belong here" people act like it's some personal attack and put frowny faces all over their posts.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Don't be disheartened, Ben. We all make mistakes: It's "fate." Some of us are destined to run websites, while others are destined to post their messages under the "wrong topic." :cry:

ebsi

P.S.: What's with the "Spanish" olive atvar? I am beginning to see it more and more... Years ago, someone made a joke about "Stella Dallas and her seeing eye olive" (or was it "pimento"??). I didn't "get" it then, and the connexion eludes me today.