Devil’s Hairbrush

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here Bob, awesome spot if you've never been..
Oh, I've been there alright, but now it's plug ugly. Those cedars are all dead now, most likely from beaver, and it sucks to high heaven.
At first I thought you were in an area where salt water had killed them. But this? There is no excuse for this.
The likely (silly) name is from the dead cedar tips making the striking figure of a hairbrush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea, it was nice there until the beavers ruined it. They ruined the road there also, but it looks like they have done some heavy work to open it up.

Reactions: TommyP

TommyP

Explorer
Mar 30, 2022
Clementon
thomaspluck.substack.com
Thanks, Bob. I plan on going back and exploring all the roads off Pomeroy's Corner, and seeing what I can see.
Let's just say I don't have the best sense of direction.
I've managed to get my phone behaving with offline maps, and I downloaded Boyd's maps to my old Garmin Nuvi, so that should help.
I still keep Road Atlases in the trunk!

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Thanks, Bob. I plan on going back and exploring all the roads off Pomeroy's Corner, and seeing what I can see.
Let's just say I don't have the best sense of direction.
I've managed to get my phone behaving with offline maps, and I downloaded Boyd's maps to my old Garmin Nuvi, so that should help.
I still keep Road Atlases in the trunk!
But if you have a smart phone Tom, you always know where you are if you turn on location tracking. Turn on Google maps with the aerial selected. Bam!