Did not expect this!!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I cook rabbit and squirrel every which way including in the spaghetti sauce.
I just made a batch of spaghetti sauce with a combination of the two a few weeks ago.
My wife and sons will eat anything that I drag through the door big or small.
Squirrel and rabbit, fortunately,are some of the most adapatable wildlife species and you can always find a place to hunt them.
Unlike pheasant, quail and grouse who are gradually disaappearing from habitat loss and predation, squirrel and rabbit will thrive in any little pocket of habitat.
In the fall I usually bowhunt the early morning and come home grab the single shot 16ga. and go back out for squirrels.
We do all of our rabbit hunting, with the exception of opening day, in January and February after the close of the deer seasons.
My buddy has two good 8 year old beagles, Max and Jake that we hunt over now.
His cousin used to have a basset/beagle mix that was one of the best dogs we ever hunted over.
Oh well, looks like I am going off topic.
Scott
:)

wis bang

Explorer
Jun 24, 2004
East Windsor
RednekF350 said:
My wife and sons will eat anything that I drag through the door big or small.
My buddy has two good 8 year old beagles, Max and Jake that we hunt over now.
His cousin used to have a basset/beagle mix that was one of the best dogs we ever hunted over.
Oh well, looks like I am going off topic.
Scott
:)

Other than a small taste, I leave most of my venison w/ Mom & Dad 'cause my family does not eat it. I'll help my neighbor doing his roasts in the crockpot & sharing it w/ him. My youngest daughter will have a taste & my wife tried it early on [she can't help it she's originally from Brooklyn]. My oldest daughter understands why I hunt and has defended it among her college peers & her boyfriend does not hunt but was into blackpowder as his Uncle is a hunter in upstate NY so there is hope for him yet...

My great aunt lived in a rural area that my father & I hunted for small game. She had a spaniel/beagle mix that was allowed out loose. she would get real excited smelling our hunting clothes & bolt out the door. she was the best dog & she knew the area so it made for good hunting.