Download problems at boydsmaps.com

Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Finally spent some time investigating this, and pretty much everything I wrote above is wrong... :oops:

The problem is an incompatibility between the download plug-in I'm using and the new version of the WordPress software the runs the site. I tried directly downloading the map file without going through Wordpress and everything was just fine. Took about 20 minutes to download the whole 12gb Map of the Pines HD file, which is comparable to what I've seen in the past.

I tried updating the download plug-in, but got an error message and (apparently) it has corrupted all the download pages on my site - when I go to them now, I only see a blank page! :bang: Rather than waste any more time on this, I'm going to just get rid of the plug-in and create direct download links for all my maps. This will take some time however, so please bear with me.

I have already fixed the problem with the Map of the Pines HD download, so if you've been trying to download that map, the button on this page should work now: https://boydsmaps.com/boyds-map-of-the-pines-hd-license-agreement/

Will post again when I've converted more of the map pages.

Last edited:

Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 31, 2004
The following download pages have been fixed and tested. More to follow...

Boyd's Map of the Pines HD
1899 in the Pines
LIDAR in the Pines HD
Boyd's Map of New Jersey 2018

Last edited:

Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 31, 2004
These downloads have also been fixed and tested:

New York City and Long Island 2018 Orthoimagery
Cook's Map of the Pines HD
Cook's Map of the Pines for Garmin

Last edited:

Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 31, 2004
Thanks! Still working my way through the long download list.... the following pages have now been updated and tested:

1949 in the Pines
1999 in the Pines
Boyd's Core of the Pines
Boyd's HD Map of Wharton for Garmin
Boyd's Map of the Pines HD Lite
LIDAR in the Pines 2017
NJGIN Map Access

Last edited:

bicycle tim

Scout
Jun 9, 2018
tabernacle, nj
Boyd,
Thanks for the new maps, they're incredible. I can't begin to tell you how much they're appreciated other than to let you know they are the sole reason I'm upgrading from my iphone 4. Just a side comment, you may want to get checked for insomnia.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 31, 2004
Fixed and tested more map downloads this morning. There are only a few more left to complete (phew!) :)

LIDAR in the Pines SD
Boyd's Visual Map of the Mid-Atlantic
New Jersey 2012 Orthophotography
LIDAR in the Pines for Garmin
LIDAR in the Pines Classic

Last edited:

Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 31, 2004
With the addition of the following, all map downloads have now been updated and tested! I have trimmed down this thread to remove outdated/unnecessary information. If you experience any download problems, please follow up here.

Boyd's Landscape of New Jersey 2007
Just LIDAR
Parcels in the Pines