Drove drunk to NJ police station

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Authorities say a South Jersey man was drunk when he drove to a police station on Thanksgiving Day to pick up someone who also had been charged with DUI.
Westampton police say 22-year-old Joseph Shea of Tabernacle arrived at the station around 6:45 a.m. Thursday and was seen driving in the parking lot at a high rate of speed. He was questioned and charged with drunken driving.
Shea was released later that day on his own recognizance and was picked up by another person. A telephone number for Shea could not be found Saturday.

Takes all kinds of people:eek:

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
Not related, but almost as funny. I know of a case where a guy was so drunk that he couldn't find his car, and he called and reported it stolen. Apparently it's an old urban legend that people do it, but in this case it was apparently true.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I got pulled over for DUI in my dopey youth and was so very nervous that I failed the field tests. Cop took me back to the station for the breathalyzer (blew a .05) and he let my buddy drive my truck back to the police station. Did he think I had a designated passenger? Yes, very dumb of me to drive that way but just as dumb of the cop to let my buddy drive.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Not related, but almost as funny. I know of a case where a guy was so drunk that he couldn't find his car, and he called and reported it stolen. Apparently it's an old urban legend that people do it, but in this case it was apparently true.

That's not so hard to believe. Only a few weeks ago I was just about to call the police after frantically searching the supermarket parking lot for my pickup. When I reached into my pocket for my cell phone I also pulled out the keys to my wife's minivan, which I had driven there. Just seconds away from looking like a total idiot! And stone cold sober to boot. :rolleyes:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Back in 1994 I was working in Philadelphia but we also had a facility in Mt. Laurel. I hired a new employee who rented an apartment in Philadelphia but decided that the PATCO parking lot at Woodcrest would be a good place to store his car for free.

One day he showed up at Woodcrest and his car was gone (or so he thought). Police drove around the lot and he couldn't find it so he filed a report. Later that day he got a call from the local police (Cherry Hill I think) and they had found his car - in another part of the PATCO lot, still locked. Clearly he was very mixed up about where he had parked. They made him come down to the station and gave him a thorough grilling, convinced that he was up to some kind of scam.