Earth Day

B

bach2yoga

hey, I like the bouncies in unison. Can you alternate them, kind of syncopated, one on the beat and one off down the row? :roll:
Happy Earth Day to you too!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bounce5.gif
bounce4.gif
bounce3.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce1.gif

How is this? I can get them going so fast that you barely can see them, but for some reason web browsers will only display them at a maximum speed. I can slow them down frame by frame also. The third and fourth one are actually set to run at vastly different speeds, but they won't do it here or on my web browser.

Ben if you want any of yours to run slower or faster, I can do it.

Guy

:bow:
bowdown1.gif
bowdown2.gif

J

JeffD

TeeGate said:
bounce5.gif
bounce4.gif
bounce3.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce1.gif

We don't want roads!
We don't want any trees cut!
We want you to live your life AROUND endangered speces!
We don't want you to destroy wetlands around power lines!
We don't want you to build nukes!
We don't want controlled burns!
We don't want...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bach2yoga said:
Oh, that is awesome! I love it! How'd ya do it?
Renee

All animated emotions are .gif files, and there is a Mac program that allows me to see each frame and control the speed in which it displays and retreats. Basically a time delay. Below is a photo of it. Notice the delay. The lower the number the faster it moves. But as I mentioned, for some reason it will not move any faster than it was originally set at.

Frames.jpg

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just switched browsers and animations are really moving. So some browsers have speed limitations I guess.

Guy

J

JeffD

TeeGate said:
bounce5.gif
bounce4.gif
bounce3.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce1.gif

LOON DANCE
[parody of Van Halen’s MOON DANCE}

What a beautiful night for a loon dance
Dupe! Dupe!
The full moon is shining down through the trees
Dupe! Dupe!
Dupe! Dupe!
The icons are syncopated when they’re dancing
Dupe! Dupe!

The leaves on the trees are smiling at me
Dupe Dupe!
Dupe Dupe!
We don’t mind our Q’s and P’s
Dupe Dupe!
Abandon reason as we hug the trees
Dupe Dupe!

Dupe Dupe!
The mind is a kaleidoscope whirling around
We turn around and around and around and around
We bounce up and down and up and down and up and down
Spinning around
After awhile we stop and we fall to the ground
(flute) rue-ewe-rue-ewe-rue-ewe-rue-ewe-eweeeeeeeeee…

J

JeffD

Say what?

Seriously though, earth day is everyday. It's not just one great party run by charletons, but a matter of acting responsibly, respecting the land in the Pine Barrens by driving on roads that are on topo maps and not joy riding willy-nilly tearing the place up and using sound science to care for the earth. And there's recyling... I just pulled a few recylables out of the trash that someone else in the household had thrown in.

A lot of good to improve the quality of the environment has come since the first earth day in 1970, as documented by Greenpeace co-founder, now Greenpeace exile, Bjorn Lomburg, despite the fact that the architect of the first earth day was the 60's radical (forget his name) who was convicted of murdering his girlfriend, who had fled to France for decades and who was the guru to the Brofman(?) Gang from Canada who ran scams when they ran Dupont years ago. The gang from Canada help promote the sky-is-falling ozone depletion theory in an attempt to profit by getting a monopoly on CFC replacements which the Chicken Little's say is destroying the ozone layer (The so-called hole in the ozone is a natural occurance that happens at the south pole a certain time of year).

More recent earth day celebrations were monopolized by elitist environmentalists who do little for the environment but raise funds for themselves and lobby to impose unwarrented restrictions on private landowners, industry, etc. There are reasonable, credible members of environmental groups, but unfortunately, it is the charletons who prevail. A few years ago, I emailed a columnist about what she said about the National Wildlife Federation meeting with the U.S. Forest Service to sneak in radical policies. I told her I've thought of the National Wildlife Federation as being a reasonable, credible conservation group. The columnist reponded that every main environmental group has a radical element, which often, in time, takes over the group. I see her point. This is what happened to Greenpeace, where co-founders Patrick Moore and Bjorn Lomburg left because of the extremists. A short while back I logged onto the Sierra Club website, where I gathered that there were some reasonable environmentalists in the club who want to look at different sides of issues and who are wiling to compromise. The author of a piece on the site mentioned that there are those in the club who don't want a complete ban on logging but just want it restricted somewhat and done judiciously, in the spirt of Sierra Club founder John Muir. The author pooh-poohed these people and said that there is a clear choice between logging and not logging -- that just limiting logging is like being half pregnant. BTW, I recently saw a docu-drama on TRUE on satellite about John Muir. Perhaps more about that later, as alot can be said about John Muir and the environment.

When I was a park naturalist, every earth week I showed the National Wildlife Federation's narrated slideshow EARTH DAY IS EVERYDAY. It still seems appropriate to me and a reasonable pitch to be good stewards of our earth. The slideshow discussed toxic waste cleanup, which is good (although I think the superfund is a boondoggle for lawyers), recyling, stream cleanup and other items that go with earth week. I often used the National Wildlife Federation's RANGER RICK educators guides to develop environmental programs. I still think they are good. The National Wildlife Federation had a special publication about landfills, which explained how they work to prevent pollution.

Earth day is everyday, and it is up to us to act responsibly in what we do and in the decisions we make.

J

JeffD

BTW, I just remembered name of the 60's radical who engineered the first earth day: Ira Einhorn.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Fortunately Ira is taking up a smaller portion of the Earth these days.

Guy

J

JeffD

Right on! :D

BTW, Guy, I noticed that after awhile, I noticed that the bouncing icons you posted slow down. Is that really happening or did I drink Ira's Koolaide? :crazy: :guinness: At any rate, this slow down represents the radicals who are running out of gas, so to speak. 8)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
JeffD said:
Right on! :D

BTW, Guy, I noticed that after awhile, I noticed that the bouncing icons you posted slow down. Is that really happening or did I drink Ira's Koolaide? :crazy: :guinness: At any rate, this slow down represents the radicals who are running out of gas, so to speak. 8)

All I can say is that they are all set up to loop 255 times which you can see in the below link. Maybe when they complete the loop they slow down for some reason. It also depends on the browser you use on how fast they move. I use Chimera for Mac and it does not display them properly. IE does. Basically I am at a loss as to why that happens.

Also are you sure that is is not Jim Jones's Cool Aid you are talking about? That has a REAL punch, but not one you will find in a Tavern Tour!

http://www.njpinebarrens.com/~teegate/bounce/Frames.jpg

Guy