Easter Sunday ramble.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Great shots! One of the stupidest things I've ever said was about 10 years ago when I claimed that there are nothing but dull and boring birds here in NJ. Your photos are proof to the contrary.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
The usual areas again. Belleplain, Jakes Landing, Reed's Beach Rd, Villas WMA. . . .

Right. Just the usual interesting habitat, the usual great photos, the usual handsome birds. Ho-hum . . .

From his fluffed out feathers, it must have been a chilly day for the goldfinch. Does your gnatcatcher have a gnact in his bill? :)

Thanks, Hawkin.

Looking forward to the Boring Birds production -- Glo

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
2213_bias.gif
Boids. lol

Bring 'em on, hawk.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
pine warbler ?

Thank you as always for the ID.....:) on your beautiful photos. Would a pine warbler commonly be seen at a suet feeder? I have a friendly little fella hanging out who resembles the one in your photo. Thanks again for sharing.

turtle

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
I'm not sure what the Gnatcatcher had on it's bill. Whatever it was he was in no hurry to get it off. Every photo I have of that single bird has the stuff on it's bill. I edited my grievous, and apparently unforgiveable spelling error! :rolleyes:

Boring Bird candidates: . . . 4) Most H.Y. Gulls

Hey . . . Hawkin . . . not unforgiveable! I thought it was a rather charming orthography or I wouldn't have remarked on it. :)

I hope you do Boring Gulls, H.Y. or otherwise. (What's the H.Y. for? All I could find was hybrid gulls [???] and I'm no wiser for looking)

Glo