Eastern Kingsnake and others

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Went to look for pine snakes this morning. Came up empty, so I went to my cant miss racer spot. There was no racer there but instead this guy which I was much happier to see. He was sitting under a bridge crossing a cedar stream. I realized after about five minutes why snakes like this spot when I saw a mouse zip right past him. I guess they run around under the bridge, this particular mouse tried twice and got away with it somehow, or the snake already nabbed one of his friends. It was tough to get a clean shot due to all the vegation around him. Also came across another box and tmtc leopard frogs and fowler toads.
IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6256.jpg

IMG_6261.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg
IMG_6236.jpg

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
This was my first time out in a little bit. It is just too hot out, I don't mind bugs but when it is like 90 and pine flies and ticks are attacking you it is just annoying. Also in this heat it seems like animals are out for a very small amount of time, and trying to find that exact time is tough. That kingsnake was awesome though, that and the pine are my favorite. I was suprised by how easy going he was, he let me observe him for like a half hour.