Egg Harbor Township to decide whether to accept 525 acres of land

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
I believe that wetland is called Maple Swamp along Maple Swamp Branch. I'd love to know the name of this spung there (at crosshairs)—

TO: Jonathan Risley
8 Dec 1806
SURVEY AND MAP. 225.5 acres. Maple Swamp Branch; On the new road to Philadelphia; Great Egg Harbor Township; Gloucester County. Surveyed for 356 18/100 acres; Remaining for 225 1/2 acres with exceptions for previous surveys.
OTHERS NAMED: Matthew Collins (Deputy Surveyor) (Signatory); Erasmus Felter (Owner of adjoining land); Edmond Iliff (Owner of adjoining land); Jeremiah Risley (Former owner of land); John Tilton (John Tilton's road; Owner of adjoining land); William Wital (Owner of adjoining land)
Matthew Collins (Deputy Surveyor) (Signatory); Erasmus Felter (Owner of adjoining land); Edmond Iliff (Owner of adjoining land); Jeremiah Risley (Former owner of land); John Tilton (John Tilton's road; Owner of adjoining land); William Wital (Owner of adjoining land)
Matthew Collins (Deputy Surveyor) (Signatory); Erasmus Felter (Owner of adjoining land); Edmond Iliff (Owner of adjoining land); Jeremiah Risley (Former owner of land); John Tilton (John Tilton's road; Owner of adjoining land); William Wital (Owner of adjoining land)
WJ Loose Records : 1806 - Risley, Jonathan (47132) (PWESJ004)
S-M

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 9.52.29 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 9.52.29 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Somebody should take it and preserve it. I just realized it's on the other side of the Parkway and Fire Road. Likely to at least one listed plant species in there.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I believe that wetland is called Maple Swamp along Maple Swamp Branch.

FWIW, here's the parcel with the wetlands. Interesting that the state has no ownership records in their database. But it's only about 36 acres, so obviously there's a lot more to the 525 acres being offered for protection.

https://boydsmaps.com/pines/#16/39.394759/-74.575043/parcels07/0/0/

Screen Shot 2023-11-24 at 1.02.26 PM.png

BTW, I was able to read the linked article earlier today, but when I went back now to have another look, the Press of Atlantic City site wouldn't let me read it without a subscription.