COMBINATION OF THE HEAVY RAINS...ALREADY HIGH STREAMS AND
RIVERS...AND SATURATED SOIL WOULD LEAD TO RENEWED FLOODING
ACROSS THE WATCH AREA

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I predict this is going ot be one heckuva mosquito/tick/chigger year. :cry:

2 pumps going in the basement, I'm about ready to call the CG and abandon ship.

The Toms is off the chart.

USGS.01408500.05.00065..20100323.20100330..0..gif

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Sue, If you have it listed with a real estate agent, I'm sure they would check it for you. It's in their best interest.
Yeah, you'd think. Our realtor is pretty much useless in that regard though. I'd fire him but I can't, he was appointed by my company. So I have to rely on friends to look for me. I haven't been able to get anyone over there yet, so I still don't know.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Yeah, you'd think. Our realtor is pretty much useless in that regard though. I'd fire him but I can't, he was appointed by my company. So I have to rely on friends to look for me. I haven't been able to get anyone over there yet, so I still don't know.

Where is the house? Do you have any pumps installed? Are you anwhere near water?

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Where is the house? Do you have any pumps installed? Are you anwhere near water?
It's in Ewing, next to Trenton. Yeah, it's in a flood zone because of its place in the water table. We have a sump pump, so I am hoping the electricity stays on and the pump works. We didn't have the pump when we moved in and found out what it's like when it floods. NOT good.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
FWIW, the rain ended last night here and the water level our sump pit is getting lower. Most river/streams/creeks were very high, many above flood stage. The Toms, which affects us indirectly, is 4 ft above flood level at the gauge, and still rising. If your near Assumpink Creek, it was just 1/2-one foot about flood stage and is receding. This link shows all of NJ gauges, click on the dot for more detailed info for a particular river/stream/creek.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/rt

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
thanks for that link, 46er. That does make me feel better. The Shabakunk creek is what I have been worried about and it looks like it went up about 12". That's not too bad. Even if the pump quit, I don't think we'd get any water. Phew.