Elk vs. Photographer - Smokey Mountains

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Thanks for the show. I did not detect any aggression on the part of the Elk, it seemed more curious, maybe even playful.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
There is a name used for folks like that; tourons. Rut time can be deadly. Should the bad have happened the Elk would probably have been put down. I appears the guy welcomed the encounter, and it is obvious he could have easily removed himself from the situation. The standard is keeping ones self 25 yards from wildlife in a NP. He was very stupid and very lucky. Things can go very bad, very quick.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Looks to me like it's fall,that spells Rut. Thatsw a young Bull elk. He wanted to play the spar game and the man obviously didn't know how to play.They push each other around till the strongest forces the weaker to give up. Much like an arm wrestling match where no one usually gets hurt but occasionally there are accidents like a punctured neck or a torn rotator cuff. This man is lucky spike took it easy with him. He could have been punctured or knocked over and trodden down.All in jest by the Bull of course but deadly nonetheless.If he had of been older and doe had of been present he may not have been so gentle.I wonder if the man realized the spike could have killed him even if it was accidental?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
There is a name used for folks like that; tourons. Rut time can be deadly. Should the bad have happened the Elk would probably have been put down. I appears the guy welcomed the encounter, and it is obvious he could have easily removed himself from the situation. The standard is keeping ones self 25 yards from wildlife in a NP. He was very stupid and very lucky. Things can go very bad, very quick.

Tossed Salad?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Tossed Salad?

Spend just a week in that park; it is amazing what you'll see :rolleyes:

The most dangerous wild critter in NA.

I don't get it, its not like they are small and cuddly.

153434649.jpg

Hopefully that so-called photog gets a very hefty fine and banned from the parks.