Environmental Remediation Services

kevin143

Feb 8, 2008
Hi friends. I am an engineering student. I have earlier done research and made report on environmental hazardous waste services . Now I have to make a report on environmental remediation. My exams are round the corner. So I don’t have much time to do a thorough research. Can somebody please brief me on this? I would be grateful.

Kevin

:):):)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hi Kevin! We all know you are the result of a BOT, and that's no way to get research done!

I'm sure my pine barren brother Ben will delete your post when he has a mind too!

mattew72

Feb 4, 2008
Hi Kevin. Before briefing you on this, first of all I would like to wish you all the very best for your exams. I have worked for a few years in a company which specialized in providing environmental remediation services and environmental hazardous waste services so I can definitely help you on this.

Environmental remediation is the process of removing contaminants from soil, groundwater or surface water in order to protect the public and the environment.

Remediation technologies are generally classified into two methods:

Ex-situ methods – In this method, contaminated soil or fluid is removed and then treatment is done. Ex situ remediation can take place either on site or at some off site location. Some of the technologies which follow ex-situ approach are pump and treat, ion exchange, reverse osmosis, dehalogenation, vapor extraction, soil washing and off-site disposal.

In-situ methods – In this method, soil is not removed to treat the contamination. Technologies which use in-situ are soil vapor extraction, bioventing, geotechnical systems, brownfields cap, natural Attenuation (IT) etc.

Some technologies like chemical oxidation, biodegradation use both in-situ and ex-situ applications.

Both have their own pros and cons. Ex-situ treatments take shorter time and the uniformity of treatment is assured. But ex situ approach requires excavation of soils which can raise the cost of the treatment.

Comparatively, in-situ cleanups are less expensive but they take a longer time and the uniformity of treatment is not certain.

Mattew

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
This is actually really interesting. There has been a lot of discussion on the net over the last year or two about viral marketing in forums. Companies have hired people to get involved in forum communities and promote their product or point of view.

The somewhat humorous content of this thread, i.e. initial post, followed by multiple hoots of derision from forum members, followed by thoughtful reply to initial post ignoring intervening hoots, does seem to have the marks of an automated campaign. So someone has perhaps written some software to generate forum threads.