Exploring Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I purchased a new camera and went out today to try and start learning how it works. We started our day looking for stones that I calculated from a copy of an old map I have . It was the property of William Rogers in 1867. I know where two of the property stones are but the others are what we were looking for today.

IMG_2742a.jpg

Unfortuanly, we found nothing but will go back in a month to check again. All we found was this.

DSC_0051a.jpg

I was looking over tax records and found an interesting property that we have never visited before that the state has acquired and added to Wharton. So we headed there to look for 4 stones that old deeds mention. I had a general idea where they may be but in the end I maybe found one of them. I need to do some more research and go back later this year. However, we did find this ruin while exploring. I believe it is right on the line of the property the state owns, but without an exact idea where the stones are I did not walk around the ruins.

DSC_0067a.jpg

DSC_0065a.jpg

DSC_0069a.jpg

It comes complete with a well.

DSC_0058a.jpg

And I believe this is for sewage. There is a pipe in there leading to the house.

DSC_0068a.jpg

From there we headed to the Pleasant Mills Cemetery and while walking around Jessica noticed this. Notice the name W. Hurst in the concrete.

DSC_0072a.jpg

And it was hard to see but there is a date of 1984 in it also.

1984.jpg

So I am thinking to myself this seems odd. Why would the person putting the stone in there put a name unless it was their own? And so we walked over to a grave nearby and saw this.

DSC_0073a.jpg

If you walk around that cemetery you see more than the usual boundary structures around the graves. I have to believe he placed this there himself in 1984 and now resides there. Many of the others in that cemetery must have done the same thing, each with their own idea's.

Last edited: