Farmer causes flap while protecting crops

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
my son in law (a millville cop) was sent to investigate this.He told us it was poisoning before it hit the papers.My only comment is if this Ingraldi person wants to poison birds on his land he should make sure they die on his land.I would not want hi dead birds dropping all over my yard.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
my son in law (a millville cop) was sent to investigate this.He told us it was poisoning before it hit the papers.My only comment is if this Ingraldi person wants to poison birds on his land he should make sure they die on his land.I would not want hi dead birds dropping all over my yard.

I thought you didn't own your yard, you're just "renting". (Just kidding, sorry, I couldn't pass that up. Please accept my apology). :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I wonder if they make something similar that take care of my squirrel problem that I'm having this year.

Not exactly the same, but works great, quiet and leaves the squirrel non-toxic :D

500XS-main.jpg

http://winchesterairrifles.com/Default.aspx

Reactions: dogg57

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Also illegal to buy or use in NJ unless you have a license, I think. Does it have the same restrictions for use in a residential area as a regular .22 rifle?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Also illegal to buy or use in NJ unless you have a license, I think. Does it have the same restrictions for use in a residential area as a regular .22 rifle?

Not a license, but a firearm purchase permit, which every law abiding New Jerseyan should have. Very easy to get, as long as your not a felon. My wife just got hers and the handgun permit. We go shopping tomorrow. :dance:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
But would it be legal to shoot an air rifle in a suburban yard where houses are close together?

Pretty sure that is something local govt controls, best to ask your local police department or the State Police. That is what I did. But, in NJ just about everything that can eject a projectile is considered a firearm, so be careful where you point your rear end :eek:

From

NEW JERSEY ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
TITLE 13. LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY
CHAPTER 54. FIREARMS AND WEAPONS

"Firearm or firearms" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, assault firearm, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectile, ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas, or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person."

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
It's interesting that "Silent Spring" was published almost exactly 50 years ago and today it has become rather controversial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Spring

The weekly Human Events gave Silent Spring an "honorable mention" in its list of the "Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries." [23] British politicianDick Taverne asserted Carson was responsible for millions of deaths:
Carson didn't seem to take into account the vital role (DDT) played in controlling the transmission of malaria by killing the mosquitoes that carry the parasite (...) It is the single most effective agent ever developed for saving human life (...) Rachel Carson is a warning to us all of the dangers of neglecting the evidence-based approach and the need to weight potential risk against benefit: it can be argued that the anti-DDT campaign she inspired was responsible for almost as many deaths as some of the worst dictators of the last century.[24]