Farmer’s Defense Sleeves

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Has anyone tried these to help protect their arms from scratches? I doubt they will do much against briars but may help slightly. Maybe more pokes then scratches. In the FAQ’s they say that they were not designed for protection from thorns but some people said they worked well. Im thinking about giving them a shot. I also could imagine some of you in the lovely patterns they provide lol.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
They will cause me to sweat like a stuck pig. I'm pretty sure I'm starting to have a problem where my sweat glands on my arms become blocked, and that is pure hell. I use trail shirts with long (and loose) sleeves made of nylon or polyester. Very hard for briars to penetrate effectively.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
They will cause me to sweat like a stuck pig. I'm pretty sure I'm starting to have a problem where my sweat glands on my arms become blocked, and that is pure hell. I use trail shirts with long (and loose) sleeves made of nylon or polyester. Very hard for briars to penetrate effectively.
That’s my biggest hesitation too. I get hot in a long sleeve if the temp is higher then 60.