Finally some rain!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Of course I would have liked today to be beautiful like Saturday, but instead we've had a slow, steady rain all day. This is what we've needed here for a long time. We've had very little rain down here all summer, and what we've gotten has come during brief, intense storms that have only lasted a number of minutes.

When I checked around 6pm it looked like we'd had about 1/2 inch of rain so far, but I'll bet it's approaching an inch by now. Looks like the current pattern may keep the rain coming for awhile, this storm extends West past Pittsburgh and into Ohio.

Oct 25, 2006
Of course I would have liked today to be beautiful like Saturday, but instead we've had a slow, steady rain all day. This is what we've needed here for a long time. We've had very little rain down here all summer, and what we've gotten has come during brief, intense storms that have only lasted a number of minutes.

When I checked around 6pm it looked like we'd had about 1/2 inch of rain so far, but I'll bet it's approaching an inch by now. Looks like the current pattern may keep the rain coming for awhile, this storm extends West past Pittsburgh and into Ohio.

The rain was well overdue, me and my friend were out exploring in it on Sunday, we had rain gear on, i could have had alot more pics in my Lower Bank, Green Bank album, but when we were at the Amatol racetrack, and the town site, the rain was really coming down, did not want to get the camera wet. The real good thing though, the sugar sand roads we were on got packed down real nice, 35 mph was no problem.