Finding a property corner

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I know many people on here are great at reading surveys and determining property corners. Perhaps you can help me to determine where they are on my property. I purchased a home with 13.2 acres back in July. The person who lived there had owned it since 1975. Before the closing I asked for the property to be surveyed since only about 3-4 acres are cleared. I was told because of the thick brush and ticks it was not doable during the summer so they only located the front corners along the road. The deed describes were they should be but it is all Greek to me. I saved the corners on one of Boyds map that shows the property lines and went to one of them but there does not seem like there is anything marking the south east rear property corner. What is an accurate way that I can find and mark the corners?

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Do you know where at least one corner along the road is at? If you do and have a GPS, email me or message me the GPS cords and I can figure it out. Take multiple readings by walking to the location in different directions and waiting a few seconds before taking the readings.

I already have the cords from aerials but if you want them to be more accurate the GPS is the way to go.

Reactions: Boyd and RednekF350

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I threw together a couple kmz files for Google Earth and can send them to you privately. In the meantime, you should seriously consider whether you want so much personal information available on the web. I certainly would not, and suggest that you delete those attachments.

Reactions: RednekF350

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I once worked on a survey prepared by Conrad Thies who apparently prepared the subdivision plan fom which your lot was created. It was on Turtle Creek Road and man, were those "inaccessible" corners inaccessible !! Most were under water.

In your case, as Guy said, he can work with Lat/Lon if you have a handheld GPS to obtain those geographicals. As Boyd said, this information is a little personal so I will send you and Guy via direct message the Lat/Lons obtained by converting the X,Y coords taken from the Geoweb into geographicals.. If you have a handheld, you can input them into it and walk to those spots and start scratching around.

Reactions: Boyd

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Do you know where at least one corner along the road is at? If you do and have a GPS, email me or message me the GPS cords and I can figure it out. Take multiple readings by walking to the location in different directions and waiting a few seconds before taking the readings.

I already have the cords from aerials but if you want them to be more accurate the GPS is the way to go.
Yes, the surveyors marked the 2 corners along the road. I do have an old Garmin somewhere.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I once worked on a survey prepared by Conrad Thies who apparently prepared the subdivision plan fom which your lot was created. It was on Turtle Creek Road and man, were those "inaccessible" corners inaccessible !! Most were under water.

In your case, as Guy said, he can work with Lat/Lon if you have a handheld GPS to obtain those geographicals. As Boyd said, this information is a little personal so I will send you and Guy via direct message the Lat/Lons obtained by converting the X,Y coords taken from the Geoweb into geographicals.. If you have a handheld, you can input them into it and walk to those spots and start scratching around.
Thanks RedneckF350, The corners of the proprty are not underwater. But this area is just a maze of briars, thorns and holly trees. It would be like the tanks blasting through the hedgerows in Normandy

• Haha
Reactions: Teegate and bobpbx

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Your surveyor didn't have a heavy bladed two foot long machete to get through the denser growth? Shameful!