First post- Thank you!!

Brown village

Feb 9, 2017
Linwood NJ
Hello all-

My real name is Doug; I found this website somehow and have been spending an inordinate amount of time on it exploring over the past month and a half. New Jersey history is my favorite subject. I live in Linwood, NJ, work in banking. I'm also a third generation Eagle Scout, so I tread carefully and respectfully; my first experience with the Pine Barrens was a hike with my troop from Carranza Memorial to Lebanon State Forest over a weekend in mid June, 1991; I can still remember hearing The Who on 94.1 WYSP on our radios at night.
And, being 14 at the time, being scared shitless of the Jersey Devil stories.

Simply wanted to say hello and thank you to all for what you've provided hence; I've had the flu the past few days so I've been exploring EVERYTHING here; I like to get out and explore when and where possible. I never knew there was so much here.

I recently finished Iron In The Pines (amazing) and John McPhee's The Pine Barrens (white cover); the Atlantic County Libraries have Down the Long a Coming in the reference section, which I need to get to next.

I do a lot of travelling for work, and living in Tuckerton 2010-2011, EHT 2011-2015, Mount Laurel for a year and now Linwood from this past September, I am familiar with a lot of the roads and geographic features discussed here before.

Looking at the different maps and discussions of taverns and stage routes is absolutely fascinating. I do have some questions about some of them I will post in and ask questions accordingly- thanks for having me.