First snow!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Hey - is anybody else seeing heavy snow tonight? Down here it's coming down hard at about 7:20 PM. Around 3" so far. Radar shows a heavy band approaching my area now, but it looks like it will pass quickly and then it may be over.

But it looks pretty cool right now :dance:

Here in my 1/2 acre of paradise in Barnegat (west of the GSP), it's snowing big fluffy flakes and is sticking to the streets now. Here's a photo of a mountain laurel getting a blanket of snow in my yard:

snowflakes.jpg

It's a great night for a hike!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica said all you both need is a deer standing there to make the photo perfect.

Guy

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I've had tons of snow since Monday. I liked it a lot better before having to drive a half hour twice a day in it.

Caught a deer in the backyard a bit after the snow first fell a few days ago:

snowdeer.jpg

snowdeer2.jpg

After some accumulation:

snowbackyard2.jpg

Also, ferrets like snow:

kaidahsnow.jpg

faesnow.jpg

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Not much snow here, just a dusting. Enjoy the cold air though, I hear 50s are going to be returning next week.:rolleyes:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
We got a respectable first snow down here. Just measured 3.5" on top of my BBQ grill out in the yard. Most parts of NJ didn't get much if any according to this map: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/marfc/Maps/snow_depth/Middle_Atl.png

And it's cold here too - 20 degrees at 9:00AM. What happened to that warmer than normal winter the NWS just forecast? I guess some warmer days are coming this weekend, which is fine by me. :)

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
only about an inch where i live, but was at smithville last night and it was coming down pretty good there, we took 542 home and the snow was blowing in right at us, it was fairly large flakes

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
BAMBI!!!!
AND FERRETS!!!
my word.. i'm suffering from a cuteness overload.
we got about an inch and a half, maybe two inches. my friends and i went out hiking for 4 or 5 hours in the snow yesterday afternoon.. the beauty was far beyond words. i cannot think of any other way i would rather spend an afternoon! thanks pinelandpaddler :] we had a great time

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Wow - you must have your hands full with those! :)

BTW, I used to drive past White Haven regularly on trips from Medford when we had a place in upstate NY. Nice area up there - you'll see a lot more snow this winter than I will!

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Pretty funny to read this thread now. Big change in attitudes. Everyone goes from excited kids to adults who need to get to work. Good luck with the next storm.