Fishing the upper Rancocas Creek

HerringKing

Scout
Jan 25, 2009
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Is there any place to fish the shoreline fish along the upper Rancocas Creek. There are access points for the canoe trail in Pemerton Creek but I don't knowif its fishable. Are there fish even there? Can it be waded? I don't have a canoe but it looks like a nice place to fish. Any help?

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Skip the creek and hit Mirror Lake in Browns Mills or Lake Pemberton. Big bass and pickeral plus lots of Sunfish, Yellow Perch, Crappies and Catfish. Lake Pemberton is also stocked with Trout.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
My husband went around Mirror Lake yesterday and it was posted no stopping or parking. I thought the Mirror Lakes were privately owned and fishing not allowed. Were is Pemberton Lake?

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Suresue, Welcome to Browns Mills. I have fished these lakes since the mid 60's and there are lots of fish to be caught. Right now your best bet would be Pickeral. Here are some spots with parking- Park at the yellow bank and fish along Clubhouse Rd.-There is a small lot at Lakehurst Rd. and Junction Rd. and you can walk across the road to Reflections Park- On South Lakeshore there is a bridge to an island and there are parking spots- A little ways past there is a turnaround where you can park and fish.- The dams on Hanover Blvd. and Bayberry St. are good spots and Bayberry Beach.- All of the bogs in Whitesbog have Pickeral- Lake Pemberton is on Magnolia Rd. and has a parking area with a dock and if you turn down Colemans Bridge Rd. there is a large parking lot with a lot of areas to fish from shore.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Is there any place to fish the shoreline fish along the upper Rancocas Creek. There are access points for the canoe trail in Pemerton Creek but I don't knowif its fishable. Are there fish even there? Can it be waded? I don't have a canoe but it looks like a nice place to fish. Any help?

Funny you asked. Do you know how certain images stay with you for some reason? Well, I canoed from Browns Mills to Pemberton about 12 years ago, and about a 1/2 mile or so upstream from Pemberton there were two guys in a canoe casting lures as they drifted along. They said they were getting hits often. I often think of that when I think of the Rancocas.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Bob, Where did you start? In 1984 my buddies started at the Mirror Lake dam with a jon boat and it took them 8 hours to get to New Lisbon. They said there were a lot of trees in the way.