Focus on NewJersey: Dorer's Photos Preserve a Vanishing Past

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Arghhhh...My school sucks and we can't paste anything on the web because the right click on the mouse is disabled. Some sort of B.S. security measure. Anyway, I saw this article in today's Star Ledger. This photographer took a lot of photographs all over the state and apparently took a lot of the Pines as well as the northern part. If you go to www.nj.com and search the Star Ledger you'll get the full story. The photographs will be on display through Jan 7th at the Newark Public Library (about 15 min from school) so I hope to get there soon and report on the Pinelands photos. I don't know if photography will be allowed but I'll bring my camera if I can.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Thanks for posting that. I was about to do it from one of the computers at work since my school is so backwards because of the IT Nazis. Anyway, I'm hoping it will be a good fix for me since I've been Pinelands deprived since the summer. Hopefully I'll get out to Colliers Mills over Christmas break...

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Sounds interesting. If you could get some shots that would be cool. The worst they could do is tell you to leave the camera in the car, right.

Jeff

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Went to the library to check the exhibition out yesterday. I got a few good shots but only two groups of photos were dedicated to the Pines. Most of the rural scenes were of Sussex and Warren Counties. I got a few ok shots, but all the photos were in glass cases and I had to kinda guesstimate because I couldn't lean right over. I'll take them to CVS today to get them put on a CD and upload 'em ASAP.