Franklin Parker Late Spring

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I started to poke around Franklin Parker Green Trail looking for photo ops, and found these shots this weekend. At sunset on Sunday, I saw and heard something in the pond. This beaver took a break from his white water lily (I think) dinner to do a swim by and check me out, then resumed eating. I also have to sheepisly report that I got stuck, for the first time, with my son on Munion Field Rd, on a dike at Log Swamp Branch. There was a small leak across the dike and the puddle did not look deep, but the car stopped dead and water was almost in the car. Bit of luck #1, I had just bought a Tow Strap a month before, bit of luck #2 a good samaritan was also out with his son and within 30 seconds of getting stuck they drove up behind us, offered to help, and pulled us out. Thanks again guys!
franklin_parker_pond.jpg

beaver_eating.jpg

beaver_swimming.jpg

lily_channel.jpg

Last edited:

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Nice pix! And glad a Good Samaritan found you. I think getting stuck has happened to most of us (happened to me) so a special thanks to all of the good folk that do come to the rescue.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Someone was asking about water lily blooms. I passed thru Friendship yesterday and the bogs of bustin with blooms. Now is the time.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Nice pics again Jon. As for getting stuck that can be no fun especially when water can get into the vehicle. I always stop to pull people out. Had a guy offer me a hundred bucks one time. I told him keep it and if he ever saw anyone in the same position to stop and offer assistance. Sooner or later it will be me who is the one stuck. :eek:

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Pinesbucks, during this episode I discovered that I have a little steel "eyelet" under my AWD car to attach a tow strap or bow shackle to. I intend to offer a hand going forward now that I have a little first hand experience.

Last edited:

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Most cars have that eyelet. Or some of them actually have a screw that attaches to the front bumper. I once had a guy ask me to tie the strap to the roof rack on the back of his pick up. I tied to his bumper instead of ripping the racks off. I have always thought about putting a winch on but a come along works just as well.