Franklin Parker Preserve

DeepWoodsExplorer

Aug 5, 2024
Bayville NJ
Mountain biked today with fishing gear. Started from the Speedwell entrance and ended up at the Chatsworth Lake entrance and biked back via 532 to 563 entrance.
I wanted to beat the rain, the rain never came. The Egrets and Big blues (huge) are still having a field day due to low water levels. I managed to hook up some nice fish on the way.
I did come across an Egret carcass on the trail surrounding the waters with feathers everywhere and half the body. Not sure of the predator that caused the Egrets demise. No visible tracks from the predator.
Fished next to a Beaver dam and they were not happy with me and let me know about their unhappiness. I moved on.
Great day today. Pine (Deer) flies weren't to bad. Being mostly in the open, the dragon flies were in full attack mode.

TommyP

Explorer
Mar 30, 2022
Clementon
thomaspluck.substack.com
Could have been an eagle or hawk. I love riding Franklin Parker. It's usually not so muddy except for the side across the highway from the Speedwell entrance (where you probably went fishing) so I might ride there Saturday.