Funny thing happened on the way home

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I took the motorcycle out today (dual sport). I was headed home through Penn SF and I got flagged down by a mini van. It was an elderly couple. I got up beside the driver's side window and she says "I'm as lost as lost can be" She asked me where the main road was. I said, "do mean like pavement?"

She said they were on their way to A/C and wanted to take the scenic route. :rofl:She asked what would happen if she kept going straight (it would have taken them out to red road, or Stephen's road eventually) I explained to her what she was up against and ended up leading them out to 563. Leading a mini van out of the woods on a motorcyle is like trying to walk as slow as you can.

I would hate to think about what might have happened if they had not run into me or someone like me. I have run into people like this in the past, most of time I find them stuck somewhere and pull them out and lead them out of the woods. I've been in situations myself, but I'm a bit more experienced and physically capable than some. I bet there are some real horror stories out there.

Jeff

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I've been on a few hikes with you Jeff, and let me say these folks were very lucky to run into you. God only knows what adventures lay in wait for them in the middle of PSF.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
did you explain to them that Lost is "where you are when you don't know where you are"?
this is best said dressed in bib overalls with a hee haw floppy hat on and a weed hanging out your mouth with a cheek full of Redman behind it.if you have time bl;ack out a front tooth too.
then when they tell you where their headed after reflecting a moment tell em "Nope, you cain't git thar from here".
Al