Furnishing Style

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Where was I today. One or more of you must know this.

1722817733994.png

Reactions: RednekF350

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Based on one lurker's private guess, I can tell this is a hard one, so here is a clue:

It's in Camden County, and it's surprising to see it amongst the other adjacent stalls, because they sell smaller, less glamorous wares.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Berlin Farmers Market??
Bingo Scott. My first time there. As I said in an earlier post, I've only been to Englishtown, Columbus, and Manchester (route 70 NE of Lakehurst. I'm impressed, especially by the ball cap variety. I'll be back. My ex lives in Berlin now (re-married) and we maintain a good relationship and can all go to grandchild events without any rancor.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Bingo Scott. My first time there. As I said in an earlier post, I've only been to Englishtown, Columbus, and Manchester (route 70 NE of Lakehurst. I'm impressed, especially by the ball cap variety. I'll be back. My ex lives in Berlin now (re-married) and we maintain a good relationship and can all go to grandchild events without any rancor.
I did a lot of work for the Giberson family who started the Berlin Auction in 1940. I also went there nearly every Saturday night as a kid with my parents and bought soft pretzels, drag racing and hunting magazines and Revell model building kits. Me and my Dad always stopped at Charlie's Clam Bar and slurped down some top necks. I was bellying up to the bar and eating clams on the half-shell before age 10. Later I bought my ammo there at Sport City and my chew at Gibby's Tobacco.

There used to be a local outlaw motorcycle club called the Henchmen that hung out there when I was about 12. I thought it was cool to see all the awesome 70's-style choppers parked out front. They stabbed and killed a prospect one night and buried him in nearby Berlin Township off of Cooper Road. The company I work for did the survey of the grave site in the 70's.

Here is an extremely vivid summary of an appeal by one of the Henchmen involved in the murder and disposal of the body.

The Berlin Auction is now owned by the Ackerman and Pratt families. They are builders and they also own the Columbus Mart.

Reactions: 66C10 and Boyd

DeepWoodsExplorer

Aug 5, 2024
Bayville NJ
I did the same years back. Got rid of stuff I didn't need for cash. I was usually out of there by 9:30 (started at 7:00)
If you drove by the old Flea market today, you would probably drive pass the area before you realized you actually passed it.. Totally developed with multiple Condo units.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My Dad used to drag me and Mom there every weekend.They would pacify me with funnel cake or pizza.Dad is a real flea market/yard sale nut.I was efectively turned off to those as a kidbyt being Od'ed on them. Won't catch me within a mile of one now.Ain't been to Berlin since my early 30's.Momma was looking for something there.

66C10

Explorer
Aug 4, 2023
South Vineland
I did a lot of work for the Giberson family who started the Berlin Auction in 1940. I also went there nearly every Saturday night as a kid with my parents and bought soft pretzels, drag racing and hunting magazines and Revell model building kits. Me and my Dad always stopped at Charlie's Clam Bar and slurped down some top necks. I was bellying up to the bar and eating clams on the half-shell before age 10. Later I bought my ammo there at Sport City and my chew at Gibby's Tobacco.

There used to be a local outlaw motorcycle club called the Henchmen that hung out there when I was about 12. I thought it was cool to see all the awesome 70's-style choppers parked out front. They stabbed and killed a prospect one night and buried him in nearby Berlin Township off of Cooper Road. The company I work for did the survey of the grave site in the 70's.

Here is an extremely vivid summary of an appeal by one of the Henchmen involved in the murder and disposal of the body.

The Berlin Auction is now owned by the Ackerman and Pratt families. They are builders and they also own the Columbus Mart.
Funny you mention the Henchmen, my dad said when he was a kid he aspired to be one in the worst way but I believe they went defunct in the early or mid 70s when the Pagans forced them to either get lost or join the Pagans.

Reactions: manumuskin