Game Camera

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I need recommendations for a nice game camera that preferably has infrared. I don't want to spend too much money because I doubt I will buy a locking case, I just want to place it in places that I doubt humans go much.

I have been looking this site over.

http://www.trailcampro.com/reviews.aspx

Guy

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
The pix controller stuff is real cool. If I ever came across a nice windfall I would buy the higher end ones there as I have so spots that need good survellience but my cameras keep getting stolen.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Guy I would at least buy a lock and secure it enough that it would take some effort to steal it. I've had mine out for a while in various forest and one finally was stolen a couple years back. It only takes on money hungry loser.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Teegate, I don't know if you are aware of this, but one very important feature of game cameras is there trigger time. Whatever model you decide on, see how fast it responds to its trigger. Otherwise you might wind up with incomplete pictures because the camera didn't react fast enough. I would get tired of just seeing the hind quarters of a deer or the tail of a turkey for example.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks to everyone for the tips. I am not sure which one to buy right now but I am leaning towards the smaller size units. I just had to buy a new phone today because of washing it so I will hold off a little while on the camera. This will give me more time to decide.

Guy