Garmin Mapsource finally comes to the Mac

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
See: http://www.gpscity.com/cp?&s=00001&cr=022108GU&it=cnusa8ntm

It should be very interesting to see how well this works. Garmin pledged to bring their software to the mac several years ago, and has fallen way behind schedule. Beta versions with limited features have gradually trickled out, but they've had bugs.

I don't think there are many (if any?) people here with Macs who can't also use the PC version, so this probably isn't such a big deal though.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't think there are many (if any?) people here with Macs who can't also use the PC version, so this probably isn't such a big deal though.

It is for me. The map topo program I use has compatibility problems with the Bobcat software, and who wants to have to use XP anyway. That software should be free to any Mac user who ever supported Garmin by purchasing their products. Proof of purchase should be enough to get the same software they give for free to Windows users.

Thanks Boyd. Unfortunately, I doubt I will spend the money because I should not have to since I just gave them $400. And all I need is the Mapsource software and not the maps anyway.

Guy