Geese

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
These guys hung around my yard for several hours this morning, they were not very afraid of me. I see lots of turkeys, but this is the first time geese have grazed here. The little ones were very cute, maybe 10 of them and two adults. They didn't want to get out of my way to let the car out of the driveway at lunch time.

mom.jpg

baby1.jpg

baby2.jpg

Reactions: RednekF350

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Geese are really lazy birds. They don't even seem to want to fly most of the time.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Is that eastern hemlock I see? Definitely not in the middle of the woods.Yep,a yard:) or perhaps a spruce,hard to tell.

Yep, that's my yard. After I bought this place in 2006, I spent the better part of a year ripping out all the landscaping and removing most of non-native trees. The previous owner had sort of a formal English garden concept for the yard, with white picket fences, rose arbors, raised flower beds and literally tons of non-native stones.

There were several Norway Spruces (or similar), I left the larger ones and they are growing into nice trees. The yard is much smaller now and the woods around it are getting denser.

Reactions: manumuskin and 46er

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yep, that's my yard. After I bought this place in 2006, I spent the better part of a year ripping out all the landscaping and removing most of non-native trees. The previous owner had sort of a formal English garden concept for the yard, with white picket fences, rose arbors, raised flower beds and literally tons of non-native stones.

There were several Norway Spruces (or similar), I left the larger ones and they are growing into nice trees. The yard is much smaller now and the woods around it are getting denser.
Technically the hemlock I believe would be native, at least to North Jersey anyway but you'll never find one of those guys in the woods down here unless someones planted it.Now the Norway Spruce are definitely foreign :) and when I see one of those in the woods I immediately look for a cellar hole:) I remember there were a couple nice ones in Buckingham up in the northern Barrens.