Get the firewood in

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
the cold is coming next week.

The most dramatic effect of the next system will be very mild weather ahead of the system and the quick change to colder behind it. In some places, the temp will change 20-40 degrees in 6 hours as the cold front moves through.

Reactions: dogg57

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Nice. My front porch has been overflowing with 2 cords of firewood I haven't needed.

In the meantime, we are treated to a beautiful warm New Years weekend - perfect for the festivities I have planned. This will be my granddaughter's first visit since she started walking and she's going to blow her mind running around the woods after living in a little New York apartment her whole life. :D

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
In the meantime, we are treated to a beautiful warm New Years weekend - perfect for the festivities I have planned. This will be my granddaughter's first visit since she started walking and she's going to blow her mind running around the woods after living in a little New York apartment her whole life. :D

Sounds like a great time!! Woods and kids, perfect together :dance:

We'll be going to a show tomorrow evening at Ocean County College, 'The Day the Music Lived', a tribute show for Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. 'The Big Bopper' Richardson Jr., then back home for some snacks and beddie bye by 11. I'm so old :rolleyes:

http://www.oceantheatre.org/Buddy.html

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Nice. For what it's worth, my first "real" job was as Technical Supervisor for the OCC Fine and Performing Arts Center circa 1972. It was a whole lot of fun for a kid right out of college, I got to buy a lot of the equipment and set up the theatre, then designed the scenery and lighting for the opening production. :)

Haven't been back there in years, will have to stop by one day and see if I still recognize the place. Happy new years!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Nice. For what it's worth, my first "real" job was as Technical Supervisor for the OCC Fine and Performing Arts Center circa 1972. It was a whole lot of fun for a kid right out of college, I got to buy a lot of the equipment and set up the theatre, then designed the scenery and lighting for the opening production. :)

Haven't been back there in years, will have to stop by one day and see if I still recognize the place. Happy new years!

If I mention your name, think I'll get better seats? ;)