Get your Bear spray....

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
I live 200 yards from Shamong and our development is inundated by white-tailed deer. They leave scat all over my yard, carry ticks, and cars are running into them on Stokes and Tucketon road. My family and I have had a number of near misses. I would love to have more bear and coyote running around Wharton and the Pine Barrens, culling the deer population. Black bear would also cull the forest photographer population, making things a little less competitive.

https://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/WildlifeSpecies/White-tailedDeer/Pages/PredationDeerPopulation.aspx

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
I live 200 yards from Shamong and our development is inundated by white-tailed deer. They leave scat all over my yard, carry ticks, and cars are running into them on Stokes and Tucketon road. My family and I have had a number of near misses. I would love to have more bear and coyote running around Wharton and the Pine Barrens, culling the deer population. Black bear would also cull the forest photographer population, making things a little less competitive.

https://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/WildlifeSpecies/White-tailedDeer/Pages/PredationDeerPopulation.aspx

The Blueberry And Cranberry Farmers don’t need any bears in the area. Deer are bad enough eating the crops. There are plenty of coyotes around aiding in reducing the deer population. Developments house all the deer because they have all the food they need and are much safer.

Reactions: Boyd

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
The Blueberry And Cranberry Farmers don’t need any bears in the area. Deer are bad enough eating the crops. There are plenty of coyotes around aiding in reducing the deer population. Developments house all the deer because they have all the food they need and are much safer.
You are correct about food for deer in developments. They eat the grass and every shrub on my property including broadleaf rhododendron which they aren't suppose to eat but do. They do lay off the boxwood and japonica. But I do love your blueberries.

Reactions: PINEY WARDEN