Godfrey Bridge Campground

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
i like the sites that back up to the woods. have only been there twice. i used to like Hawkins, but it looks so different now?

My daughter likes Bass River because of the bathrooms. Flushing toilets, warm water:) and showers, but she brought her own mirror. Didn't like the mirrors they had?? :)

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
I agree Karl, Hawkins is in no way a picture of what it once was. I was by there a couple weeks back and didn't see any sites that really caught my eye when compared to the space 2 years back. I think the changes have to do with Reserve America taking over the reservation system and the State trying to more clearly identify and control campsite spaces Bodine is next on the list closing 9/30 and reopening next April.

As for Godreys, I also agree the sites in the back of the main loop that back up to woods offer the best quiet space.

I was up at Stokes recently and they have done a nice job cleaning up, improving and reopening the Steam Mill camping area that had appeared closed the last couple years that I was up that way. Again, my thinking that this may be due to Reserve America coming on board. Anyone looking for a good remote spot in Stokes to camp should take a look.

Swanson

Jul 12, 2007
Atco
Thanks guys. Took the kids to Bass River twice...looking for something different but still within the realm of car camping.

bushwacker

Scout
May 18, 2009
port republic
don't tell anyone....Atlantic County park at Lake Lenape has camping. Most of the sites are lakeside. the boathouse has real bathrooms with showers. it is an underused little gem.

Reactions: noboat