Golden Retriever (handicap)

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I'm posting this in General Discussion rather than the Flea Market because I'm not selling him to anyone. I just need someone to give him a good home. If someone off of here wants him, you can have him of no cost. After 3:30 today (12/23) I will not be by a computer until the following monday so please call Courtney if after that time.
Dakota is a 7 month old Golden. He is very well natured and extremely playful. He adures my 2.5 year old son and our 7 month old twins. We bought him this past summer and over a short period of time he started walking a little odd and soon teh conditions worsened. We took him to the vet and he pointed out the curved spine and determined that the dog has scoliosis. He is still very active and improving by the day. Being handicap he needs special care though. He will not go up steps when coming back inside. so he has to lifted back up into the house. My Fiance is a stay at home mom and is not strong enough to keep doing this along with a bad back. I work at the very least 8 hours a day 5 days a week and usually more than that. We just don't have the ability that Dakota needs to continue to live the rest of his life happily. It saddens both of us to let him go, however we know that he can have a better life with someone else. We have spent quite a bit on him financially and we are not looking to retrieve it back. We are just looking to ensure he will be placed in a good home. The whole reason that we are not going after the place we got him from is that we don't want to see him get put down. The money means nowhere as much as this dogs life. So if you believe you are capable of providing the quality of life that dakota deserves please call Courtney @(609)-276-9580.
PS.Dakota Loves kitties.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'm posting this in General Discussion rather than the Flea Market because I'm not selling him to anyone. I just need someone to give him a good home. If someone off of here wants him, you can have him of no cost. After 3:30 today (12/23) I will not be by a computer until the following monday so please call Courtney if after that time.
Dakota is a 7 month old Golden. He is very well natured and extremely playful. He adures my 2.5 year old son and our 7 month old twins. We bought him this past summer and over a short period of time he started walking a little odd and soon teh conditions worsened. We took him to the vet and he pointed out the curved spine and determined that the dog has scoliosis. He is still very active and improving by the day. Being handicap he needs special care though. He will not go up steps when coming back inside. so he has to lifted back up into the house. My Fiance is a stay at home mom and is not strong enough to keep doing this along with a bad back. I work at the very least 8 hours a day 5 days a week and usually more than that. We just don't have the ability that Dakota needs to continue to live the rest of his life happily. It saddens both of us to let him go, however we know that he can have a better life with someone else. We have spent quite a bit on him financially and we are not looking to retrieve it back. We are just looking to ensure he will be placed in a good home. The whole reason that we are not going after the place we got him from is that we don't want to see him get put down. The money means nowhere as much as this dogs life. So if you believe you are capable of providing the quality of life that dakota deserves please call Courtney @(609)-276-9580.
PS.Dakota Loves kitties.

Have you tried a Golden rescue? They will ensure the pup gets the proper care and an appropriate home. We had a Golden for 9 great years, the dog and my son were inseparable. Heartbreak can't describe when she passed on. Unfortunatley their popularity has caused serious problems with them, primarily with hip dysplasia.

Hope your pup finds a good home.

Golden Rescue's;

http://www.grrinj.org/index.htm

http://grca-nrc.org/rescues/nj/shgrr.html

http://grca-nrc.org/rescues/pa/grape.html

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Thank you for the links 46er. I ended up surrending him to the one in Lanoka Harbor. So needless to say Christmas Eve was a rough day. Then to top it off Courts Sun Conure died the same day. It was a rough season for us.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Thank you for the links 46er. I ended up surrending him to the one in Lanoka Harbor. So needless to say Christmas Eve was a rough day. Then to top it off Courts Sun Conure died the same day. It was a rough season for us.

My sympathies to you and your family Dave. Its difficult regardless when these things occur, but so much harder during the holidays.