Google Earth Pro is now free

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
http://google-latlong.blogspot.ca/2015/01/google-earth-pro-is-now-free.html

Over the last 10 years, businesses, scientists and hobbyists from all over the world have been using Google Earth Pro for everything from planning hikes to placing solar panels on rooftops. Google Earth Pro has all the easy-to-use features and detailed imagery of Google Earth, along with advanced tools that help you measure 3D buildings, print high-resolution images for presentations or reports, and record HD movies of your virtual flights around the world.

Starting today, even more people will be able to access Google Earth Pro: we're making it available for free

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Tried to find compatibility info between the free and Pro versions, found nothing. Since anything (My Places) that is saved is saved on a local system would anyone know if both can be installed on the same system?

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
I tried it using my Verizon email address, it would not work, said try again later. But suggested I try a different email address. I used my gmail address and it went right through. Sent me a license key and it is working perfect. Thanks Boyd, Don

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will give it a try later today. I have had to use Google Earth because this computer will not run the older programs I prefer to use. A few of the features of Google Earth are quite nice and I am learning how to do many things with it. Hopefully, the Pro version will add to that.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I am heading to work but I guess I"ll try my gmail email.I never use it but if thats what it takes I"ll try it.perhaps it has to be Google mail and they just didn't spcify that or else I missed it if they did.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I am heading to work but I guess I"ll try my gmail email.I never use it but if thats what it takes I"ll try it.perhaps it has to be Google mail and they just didn't spcify that or else I missed it if they did.

I used my Comcast email and they sent the key no problem They may be overloaded with requests. Just waiting to find an answer as I don't want to lose what I have on the free GE. After reading a bit on Pro, not sure if I gain much from it.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Same here. I"m looking it over and can't see anything I need in Pro or for that matter much I don't even know what it is.Looks like it's more for businesses.Would like to see them put Magellan triton as one of the models you can impot/export from but that will neve rhappen now that Tritons been discontinued.Still I can make gpx files out of the waypoints and tracks I make there but the Triton will not take tracks from any program.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I played with it and found nothing worth while to help me out. There were a few minor additions such as easy access to the forums but nothing worth keeping. I deactivated my account already.

Reactions: manumuskin

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I installed it on my laptop. The HD printing is pretty nice. Since its a freebie, I will keep it on the LT for awhile.