Google Earth Tip

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I actually haven't used Google Earth much; however, I am working on a project that I have to check using Google Earth to see if things are working properly. The dark area's that mysteriously are on the aerial maps on Google have been a disapointment, but I just figured out a way to eliminate them and also to show older B&W maps. If you have version 5 load the map and click on the little "clock" icon at the top of the page. Then slide the slider right and left to change the year of the map and remove the dark area's.

Maybe many of you already know this but it is new to me.

clock.jpg

Guy

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
I actually haven't used Google Earth much; however, I am working on a project that I have to check using Google Earth to see if things are working properly. The dark area's that mysteriously are on the aerial maps on Google have been a disapointment, but I just figured out a way to eliminate them and also to show older B&W maps. If you have version 5 load the map and click on the little "clock" icon at the top of the page. Then slide the slider right and left to change the year of the map and remove the dark area's.

Maybe many of you already know this but it is new to me.

clock.jpg

Guy

how far back do the dates go ?

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
I use Google a little bit, mainly for the names of batteries in coastal fortifications. Almost everyone is listed and pointed out on there. I use Bing.com which used to be windows live maps. I created an account and I've been keeping all of my locations in there. Works pretty well and with the birdseye feature you can really get close to see detail. I'll have to update to the new google and check that year feature out though. Thanks for the heads up Guy.