Gov. Chris Christie wasting more money

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
The state is moving forward with plans to add a third lane to the Garden State Parkway between milepost 30 in Somers Point and milepost 63 in Stafford Township.
Gov. Chris Christie announced the move in a release Friday, stating that the New Jersey Turnpike Authority has prioritized enough money for the project. The governor said widening the parkway is a decision that makes sense for summer tourism and expanding an evacuation route, the release said.
The widening project will span from Somers Point to milepost 80 in Toms River. Construction on the first phase, from Stafford Township to Toms River - and widening and rehabilitation of the Mullica River, Bass River and Patcong Creek bridges - should be complete by Memorial Day, the release said.
By JOEL LANDAU, Staff Writer

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_e39bac60-67bb-11e0-9a7c-001cc4c03286.html |

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'm not sure what to think of this. If it makes development more likely due to easier access, that is bad. But if it just shifts through traffic off local roads and onto the Parkway, that might be a good thing.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'm not sure what to think of this. If it makes development more likely due to easier access, that is bad. But if it just shifts through traffic off local roads and onto the Parkway, that might be a good thing.

All it really does is allow the bennies to get down here easier and sooner. It might help the local folk that commute north to work a bit, but I doubt it. I did it for a couple of decades, they are the unsung heroes come Thursday/Friday/Monday. All the GSP really did is move the bottleneck from exit 80 down to 63. :rolleyes: