greewood branch trip

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
a bunch of us paddled from greenwood bridge to pemberton. the first 4 miles to BCC was quite interesting, over trees, under trees (laying down inside my kayak only 3 to 4 inches clearance from top of kayak to go underneeth of tree then trying to get back in position) the paddler behind me did not make it, splash ! one of 4 dumps of the trip and no easy way to gat back in due to high water
then through trees and around then into "cat briers" fending off spiders and branches most of the way 3 3/4 hours to go 4 miles
before we got to BCC canoe launch for lunch we all had to "shoot the dam" at New Lisbon. about a 3 foot drop and a rough ride after. the leader and his helper in a canoe went over and most of us took alot of H2O
after BCC it was a piece of "cake" to pemberton
all in all a fun day. most of the fun was had by those who got "dumped in the "greenwood branch" and over the dam, LOL, total 7.65 miles, long day

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ahhh, the dark stream. I did that trip once a long, long time ago. My friend lives in New Lisbon next to the creek. Did you notice the 1950's style cabins on some of the banks? Seems that area was probably summer homes for city people in years back.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is an ambitious run Stu! I looked into buying those cabins, although run down they are still privately owned and occasionally used.

Jeff