Gun Ammo Bill?

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Anyone have any info on whether the following bill passed? I cant seem to find out if it did, and if so, when these requirements will go into effect. Looks like all hand gun ammo will have to be coded and kept on record and any older uncoded ammo is to be destroyed or fines will follow. The price of ammo is going to go up once again. Looks like if they cant take our guns, they'll raise ammo costs and restrictions.. real nice.
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bills/A2500/2490_I1.PDF

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
It was referred to Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee on 3/10/2008. No news is good news :dance:

Link to look bills up;

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bills/bills0001.asp

I checked this site and this bill was originally a2490 and then s1678. When checking the voting records, neither of these bills was on the list. So, maybe it never made it off the table. Maybe they want to include a photo id on each projectile as well :cry:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Looked to me like it is still in that committee.

And these folks actually get elected by folks to represent them? And they get paid, with good benefits? And a very nice retirement package? :siren:

That's why I switched over to Rocks years ago! Wow! What a great state!

This was supposedly from an article in a Texas newspaper (Rockport Pilot). I couldn't find it on the paper's site.

"Gun Ownership in Texas"

A woman was called in front of the Texas Grand Jury for manslaughter after she shot
a mugger six times in the back as he was running away with her purse.
He grabbed the purse and ran, but she had her hand on the gun in it,
and was left with the revolver in her hand.
When asked by the Grand Jury why she shot the man six times in the back
as he was running away, she replied under oath: "Because, when I pulled the trigger
the seventh time it only went click."
She was acquitted of all charges.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A woman was called in front of the Texas Grand Jury for manslaughter after she shot
a mugger six times in the back as he was running away with her purse.
He grabbed the purse and ran, but she had her hand on the gun in it,
and was left with the revolver in her hand.
When asked by the Grand Jury why she shot the man six times in the back
as he was running away, she replied under oath: "Because, when I pulled the trigger
the seventh time it only went click."
She was acquitted of all charges.

Gotta love Texas justice.