Hail

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
had a sparrow shortly after the storm land on my truck windshield and flap it's way to the roof.It allowed me to touch it before flying onto the roof racks.I touched it again and it flwe to a branch I couldn't reach it was wed and bedragled looking.I think it had the sense knocked out of it.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Wow, nothing like that here. Just some intermittent rain that didn't amount to anything. I was watching some pretty violent storms cross your area on the radar, but they all missed me.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Saw that on the Philly news. Plane had to return to the airport with a cracked windshield from the hail. All we had was torrential rains and thunder, lots of it, early in the AM. May be more later tonight. Foggy now, the street light is just a faint glow.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Damn Al, that's pretty impressive. Thanks for showing it.

I like how it was cutting the leaves right off the tree. One time I rented a car in Phoenix and drove up to the Grand Canyon. When I got to the rim it started hailing just like that. I remember thinking.."this ain't right Lord, how are people supposed to live like this"? I was afraid the windows on the car would break.

Reactions: manumuskin

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
This car in PA was not so lucky!
hail.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The whole yard and all the roads around here are covered in green leaves.There was still ice piled along silver run road two hours after the hail stopped.I believe that had I been out in it I could have been knocked out.Once me and my wife on Roanoke river in NC had to pull off the river and drag the canoe up into the woods and flip it to hid from hail half this size.Actually she was under the canoe and I was laying mostly out from under it holding my life jacket over my head and taking the body thumps as they came.

TheePackRat

Scout
Mar 27, 2014
Atco
I work in Chester County Pa. We had golf ball size hail here with real strong winds. It sounded like 25 drummers on the roof. A co-workers hood on his new Kia is loaded with small dents now. Our vantage point gave us a real good view of the storm coming across the valley. It was a wall of grey heading right for us.

Driving home through West Chester was surreal. I've never seen that many green leaves on the ground. They covered roads and lawns completely, just shredded by the hail. Lots of large trees down.