Hall Of Shame

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM,

Tell us more about the Hall of Shame album photo in your Members Gallery.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
It looks like that photo is part of an evacuation route for Oyster Creek Nuclear Power Plant.

Ocean County is full of scared seniors. I have four or five retirement villages within a 5 mile radius of my house.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Guy,

That is the evacuation route for "Holiday City at Berkely" (or Sliver Ridge, I forget exactly which).

That senior community existed for at least 20 years without that route through critical pine snake habitat. The seniors have been fighting the DEP to get the road built claiming that in case of fire, it was urgently needed to get people out.

I disagree about the danger of harm to the people from fire in the area. They did have a fire several years ago, and plenty of fire companies responded to put it out. Anyway, if it was needed, then it should have been in the original plans, not put in as an afterthought.

I think the real reason they wanted it was easy acces to route 37 from route 530. It starts across from Miller Air Park. The state finally bowed from the senior pressure and with push from local politicians (who must of course succumb to the voters)

Here are some of the community "rules":

It is the responsibility of the home owner to trim the grass
growing at the crub.

Any Shareholder deciding to put stone in the back or sides of
their home must get written approval from both neighbors and a
copy of the signed approval must be brought to the office.

All shareowners must maintain front lawns and have at least 80% of
area covered with grass or sod.

Must be a pain to live there, maybe thats why they want an evacuation route........Ha ha!

J

JeffD

BobM said:
That senior community existed for at least 20 years without that route through critical pine snake habitat.!/quote]

Well, I'm running down the road
trying to loosen my load
I've got a world of trouble on my mind
There's one who wants to charm me
One who wants to harm me
One who's not a friend of mine

Feelin' a bit queeeeee-zee
Feelin' a bit queeeeee-E-Easy
Don't let the sound of snakes by wheels
Drive you cra-zee

Standing on a corner
With seniors in the zone now
It's quite a scary sight to see
It's a human my Lord!
Driving a flat bed Ford
Speeding up when the snake he sees

Drive you cra-zee

Lighten up
on them if you can
Don't you know?
They're more important than man
It's time for Bob to take his stand
Feelin' a bit que-E-zee

I'm running down the road
trying to loosen my load
I"ve got several species on my mind
One that is endangered
One that is endangered
One that is endangered now

Drive you cra-zee

We may loo-ose
The snake may win
But run over they'll never be there again
You can start by avoiding them
Feelin' a bit queeee-E-easy...

J

JeffD

Thanks, Bob. Glad you liked it. BTW, on the random images one time recently the "old growth" woods in the Macarthur track in Haddonfield popped up. Looks like a nice place and it's good the community decided to keep the whole 15 acres mature, tall old trees.

AND I thought of a few more lines for the Eagles' parody (fitting that it's a parody of EAGLES.)

I'm running down the road trying to loosen my load
I've got a world of trouble on my mind
Looking for a snake lover who won't blow their cover
They're sO-oh-O hard to find

Feelin' a bit que-E-eee-zee
Feelin' a bit queeeee-E-easy
Drive you cra-zee

Come on ba-A-Abe-bee
Don't say ma-AY-a-A-bee
Don't you know your sweet snake love?
Is gonna sa-A-ave me

Doo-doo Doo Doot Doo-doo Doo Doot
You know I'm feelin' qu-E-eeeeee-easy
You know I"m feelin' qu-E-eeeeee-easy
:crazy:

J

JeffD

Oh yeah, it is, Ben. Glad you referenced it. Some groups back then sounded alike. Today they seem to ALL sound the same. I used to confuse the Eagles with America. Also, Neil Young, the lead singer for the Eagles, has been in different groups, including his own. On his own, Neil sang that accostical guitar accompanied anti-drug song about a junkie overdosing that went something like:

I know the needle and I know the gun
.............. on the run

..... and I knew the man
I hope that you will understand

I DON'T recall more of the words. I heard the song a few weeks ago.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Now your talking about a song writer when you mention Neil Young! He has some bad ones but most of them are classics. Did you know he is a part owner of Lionel Trains? He is a train enthusiast and decide to buy into it when they had bad times.

The Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young

I caught you knockin' at my cellar door
I love you, baby, can I have some more
Ooh, ooh, the damage done.

I hit the city and I lost my band
I watched the needle take another man
Gone, gone, the damage done.

I sing the song because I love the man
I know that some of you don't understand
Milk-blood to keep from running out.

I've seen the needle and the damage done
A little part of it in everyone
But every junkie's like a settin' sun.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He did not have photo's in his computer. His mistake was telling the police that he was going to do research at those sites for a book. In England if somone sends you an email with a photo in it you are guilty. Even if you had no knowledge of it. He should have known better. Must be the old age.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
JeffD said:
Also, Neil Young, the lead singer for the Eagles, has been in different groups, including his own

Whoops Jeff, not so. Neil Young is not the lead singer for the Eagles, and he did not play with them in their prime time.

Neil Young was part of "Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young"

I saw them once at atlantic city race track, circa 1978?)

J

JeffD

BobM said:
JeffD said:
Also, Neil Young, the lead singer for the Eagles, has been in different groups, including his own

Whoops Jeff, not so. Neil Young is not the lead singer for the Eagles, and he did not play with them in their prime time.

Neil Young was part of "Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young"

I saw them once at atlantic city race track, circa 1978?)

I should say that Neil Young is not the lead singer for the Eagles now, and may not have been the regular lead singer, but in the TAKING IT EASY song, I'm sure I heard his voice singing the lead. Is voice is quite unique. I don't know this for sure. Maybe it was someone else in the group that sounds alot like him. I don't know for sure. I know Neil Young was part of "Crosby, Stills, Sah, and Young", for sure. But I believe he went solo for awhile. I also remember, I believe it was Debbie Countant on 102.9 FM in Philadelphia playing a song by some group that she said Neil Young formed around the time of the song. I can't remember the name of it. I think it had something to do with horses.

As for that guy from THE WHO being fingerprinted, etc. for just acessing a child abuse site, I think that is bizarre. Why don't the authorities go after the folks who run the site? The guy wasn't involved in the activities of child abuse and was not promoting it in any way. Of course, with Britain's Labor Party in charge that's what one would expect, a police state like that found in New Jersey.

I remember hearing some time ago, on Bill OReilly of Fox Newsnetwork, about a site for pedophilliacs. It would give these perverts tips about how to get away with their dastardly acts, and promoted the idea of sexual relations between adults and children, and that this is a pedophilliac's right. :rolleyes: This is not the exersize of free speech and press but an irresponsible criminal act where wrongdoing is fostered.

Back to New Jersey. Again, is a case where the blame/responsiblity for wrongding death missed some people, i.e. the case of Megan Kanka's death. I understand that the young child was wondering the neighborhood, unsupervised, and ended up going in a stranger's house. What kind of parents would let a child do this? Of course, the guy who did this is responsible for his act. This is anologous of something I did that was dumb. When I was in the service, I was in a bar and started to pull out a large amount of cash from my wallet. The guy I was with, who was from the neighborhood quickly told me not to flash cash around because I could be in for trouble. Now if someone had robbed me, they would be guilty of the crime, but I would have been partially to blame also. Why create a sort of police state and point neon signs at anyone with a sex-oriented former conviction? Is this done for other crimes, such as murderers who get out after serving ten years or so in prision? When I suggested at a town meeting in a small town in New Mexico about Town Watch that people be notified when a criminal is released from jail in their area, the Chief of Police said that that would be illegal and unconstitutional.