Happy Vernal Equinox....

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
Spring

I am getting ready for my planned hike to the Friendship area and I see the snow coming down. I will still hike with impaired vis. I was hoping for that spring weather to begin. Wednesday was a taste of it. Anyway, happy equinox to all of also.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Strange weather today! This morning before sunrise I was driving through Salem County and it started snowing HARD with big, wet flakes. Not much fun to drive through.

Then just now, around 5:00PM a little cell passed over my home. Some wet snow started pounding down, but it wasn't sticking at all. Now that has passed and the sun is shining...

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Typical spring, ya just never know :)

The song, 'Here Comes the Sun', holds a special place for me. Way back one spring, I was newly married, decided to get one last trip to Camelback in. Picked up a friend and we headed up, started to rain, we continued on. Got to the ski area and taking the skis off the car, I was driving a Triumph GT6 back then, I noticed the car was moving, figured I forgot the parking brake, but it was the car sliding back on the rain slicked ice. My friend held it while I crushed a couple of soda cans and stuck them under the rear tires, seemed to work. The worst day of skiing I ever had came to an end, we were soaked to the skin and found the GT6 had slid to the end of the parking lot, a tree stopped it breaking the tail lens. The trip home was like driving in a fog, all the wet clothes condensed on all the windows, not a very good defroster on the GT6. Got home the sun was out and my wife had 'Here Comes the Sun' on the tape deck. Those were the days :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I went into the barn at work at about 8 am to work on some equipment, shut the doors behind me. At that time it was a rain snow mix. Did what I had to do, opened the barn doors an hour later and everything was white, I was shocked. With any luck that is the last of it. I am ready for some 70 degree days!