Harry's is closing...

T

Toothy Critter

No surprise. Sportsman Center down the road is probably next. They downsized. Effingers in Middlesex Co. is gone too

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Yep, Ray's went first, now the location is a car stealership, then Ramsey Outdoors closed a store. Campmor is still around, but they are primarily camping stuff. Still have my old Morsan's 8x10 wall tent, the precursor to Campmor. Bought it in 1970 before our first trip west. Scotts Bait & Tackle in Tuckerton is closed and for sale. Not many good places left to actually see and touch something before you buy it.

Reactions: Toothy Critter

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Campmor is still around, but they are primarily camping stuff.

I got my screenhouse from Campmor on Amazon, then replaced last fall. After 3 seasons the fabric just started to disintegrate (it is usually up from April until after New Years). Hope they are still around 3 years from now since I built a platform that fits it exactly - was very pleased that the replacement was identical to the original. :)

Have never been up to their store in person, will have to check it out someday.

screenhouse.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I bought the tent and a ton of other gear at a Morsan's on RT 18 in East Brunswick. Just about ran out of space in the Mustang, but I still have most of it. I have not been to the store in quite a few years. Always stopped on the way to the cabin, . It is a long trip in a horrendous spot traffic wise on RT 17. Order Monday, delivered Tuesday ;) They used to have a tent section with just about everything they offered pitched and on display.

https://goo.gl/maps/fr6UVfiTbhM2

https://goo.gl/maps/c8WM4zNw83r

T

Toothy Critter

Yep, Ray's went first, now the location is a car stealership, then Ramsey Outdoors closed a store. Campmor is still around, but they are primarily camping stuff. Still have my old Morsan's 8x10 wall tent, the precursor to Campmor. Bought it in 1970 before our first trip west. Scotts Bait & Tackle in Tuckerton is closed and for sale. Not many good places left to actually see and touch something before you buy it.

Ray/s was my favorite Used to shoot there. Did a good business back in the day

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Ray/s was my favorite Used to shoot there. Did a good business back in the day

I started going to Rays when they were in Scotch Plains, and then they had the fire, I recall it closed down RT22. They sure packed a lot of stuff into the new place. I heard they got 12 million for the place from the car dealership.

Cheyenne Mountain is still open; shooting stuff only.