Has anyone found THESE places?

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
I'm wondering if anyone who reads this board has ever found the locations/remains of some of the less famous iron furnaces, such as the Gloucester Furnace, Ætna Furnace, the furnace at Cumberland, and some others I can't think of at the moment.
The Gloucester Furnace was somewhere in the woods north of Egg Harbor City, on the Landing Creek, I believe.
The Ætna Furnace was somewhere near Head-of-the-River Church.
The furnace at Cumberland was east of Millvile. I've been to the Methodist Church at Cumberland but didn't see any remains of other structures.
Anyone? I've never even attempted to look for Ætna Furnace. About 13-15 years ago or so, when we first moved here, I tried to look for the Gloucester Furnace to no avail. There are many that I have not found. I think it would a lot of fun to see some of these. I HAVE been to Martha. That's quite interesting in there. I like those crazy Catalpa trees and Walnut trees.
Thanks,
Barry

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hi,

In the event anyone is using a Mac, the key combination for Æ is ( Option Shift ' ) The third charactor is the lower case quote key.

Guy

<Just for laughs, what alt key sequence are you using to make the symbol in AEtna?>