Hello.

Aaron

Explorer
Jul 29, 2007
I have read this MB for awhile but have never posted or even registered until now.

I have spent my life living in South Jersey but escaping to the pine barrens every chance i get, my earliest memories are being 3 years old and my parents taking me down quaker bridge road to the sandy area right before the bridge to have a picnic.

I have recently redone my parents pond, i initially made them a two tiered 500 gallon pond with a waterfall, that was 8 years ago. I redid and expanded there pond to about 900 gallons. Finally the reason im posting, i am trying to use as much local flora and items as possible to replicate as much of the pinelands as i can. ( i have even made a marshy area of the pond)

What i am now looking for is someone with private property that has a cedar stump they would like removed, im looking for something 18-36 inches in diameter, and as gnarly as possible. I would be willing to compensate someone for the honor of coming to get a stump, but i will not go into the state pinelands and poach a stump.

If anyone has one, or knows of a way of obtaining one legaly and that wont disrupt the eco system please let me know.

I look forward to sharing my pictures and adventures of the Pine Barrens with the community here, I have a 2 year old son who i bring to the Pine Barrens a few times a week, making sure the next generation has the same appreciation we have for this amazing area.
Thank you in advance Aaron