help looking for good snake spots

NJSnakeMan

Explorer
Jun 3, 2004
Atlantic County
Hey everyone,
I love to go catch snakes in the wild, and know some real good spots for snakes in Pennsylvania, but never really found any good spots in New Jersey. Pennsylvania takes too long for driving 3-4 hours each time wanting to go look for snakes, so i wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good snake spots in New Jersey? Thanks a lot,
Brandon

e-mail IMIDesertEagle50AE@msn.com

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
I feel your pain, man. I've found so many snakes and have tromped through probably over a hundred different places in the past few years. But, hibernacula aside, I still have yet to find a place where i can count on seeing any more than a water snake every time. There's even a place where i once found a racer, a corn snake, and a pinesnake all within 10 feet of one another, and the hundreds of times i've checked before and afterward i've found absolutly nothing.

If you do manage to find a solid spot, lemme know. I've been coming up pretty dry the last month with snakes and could really go for the action. Seems the bastard collectors and the idiots who don't brake for animals have all the luck . . . there's nothing left for the guy with a snake hook and a camera.

-Bob

NJSnakeMan

Explorer
Jun 3, 2004
Atlantic County
Yeah, almost everytime i go out i only find a water snake. I know some good spots in Pennsylvania though, listed below.

Jim Thorpe- good for timber rattlers,copperheads,black rats,racers,milks,waters,hognose,and garters.

Pinnacle- ditto

Thats only in PA though. Well ill let you know when someone tells me of some good spots.

NJSnakeMan

Explorer
Jun 3, 2004
Atlantic County
I know of a fairly well snakin spot now, ill tell you what it is by e-amil just incase if there are anyone out there that captures snakes for sale :x