Help needed to identify snake

RMICKLE

Scout
Oct 3, 2005
Carson City, NV
Hello Everyone,
I was hiking near Bass River today and came cross this snake, it's about four feet long. I've never seen snake like this before and hope someone can identify it for me.

P7140187_Medium_.JPG

P7140188_Medium_.JPG

P7140189_Medium_.JPG

Thanks,
Roy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice pine snake. Thanks for posting that.

If you are asked by anyone where you found it, don't tell them. My suggestion.

Guy

Jan 3, 2007
Cherry Hill

Guy

Ya I just found out that poachers love snake skin boots. I was unaware that animal locations were to be kept secret and had asked about a few. Now I know and I respect the reason why. IMO animals are more important than people and it is really really sad to see that beautiful or otherwise interesting animals are being put on "threatened" status only because humans dont care about anything and will kill them or destroy their habitat. :jeffd:
Im really glad that in this world there are groups of folks like yourselves that genuinly care and go out of their way to protect the wonderful wildlife that is around us. Im proud to be part of such a group and that is the reason I return to this site day after day. The insight that all of you give, as well as the wonderful photography and stories are just a bonus, the big thing for me, is that you all really do care and want to keep our wilderness sacred.

RMICKLE

Scout
Oct 3, 2005
Carson City, NV
Hello All,

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking Pine snakes had larger diamonds that run together, I had a picture but can’t find it.

Guy

Don’t worry Guy, I wasn’t going to give any details for the reasons watchingtrainsgoby mentioned.

Roy