HERMAN CITY

rcoop51

Nov 12, 2002
mt holly nj
I LOKED THROUGH THE PICTURES OF HERMAN CITY IN THE GALLERY.THEY ARE VERY INTERESTING - I ENJOY VISITING THESE OLD LOST TOWNS.
I CHECKED MY MAPS & FOUND HERMAN ON ONE OF THEM - IT LOOKS TO BE DOWN THE MULLICA FROM BATSTO (MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE PINES) CAN ANYONE BACK THIS UP I AM OFF NEXT WEEK & I AM PLANNING ON SPENDING SOME TIME IN THE PINES EXPLORING.
I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT HERE & ANY OTHER PLACES IN THE AREA ( AROUND BATSTO) YOU COULD SUGGES

THANK YOU
RICH

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
It's right where your map says.

Take the road towards Batsto from Green Bank, and pass around the Bel Haven canoe rentals. You'll see a "clearing" on the left with two large oak trees and a gate.

Park at the gate and walk back. When you get to the open field, turn left and walk into the woods. You'll see the ruins.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

Another landmark is that it is directly across from Bulltown road. I remember Ben mentioning that while we stood there at the gate.

Guy

rcoop51

Nov 12, 2002
mt holly nj
THANKS FOR THE INFO.
I COME UPON THESE FORGOTTEN TOWNS & RUINS ON THIS SITE & IN SOME OF THE BOOKS I HAVE READ - BUT THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS EASY TO FIND .
I APPRECIATE THE HELP.

RICH

rcoop51

Nov 12, 2002
mt holly nj
I VISTED HERMAN CITY 12/2//02. IT WAS RIGHT WHERE YOU SAID.
THE GALLERY SHOWED MORE THAN I SAW . THERE WASN'T TO MUCH THERE.
THAT WHOLE AREA AROUND THE MULLICA IS A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT, SO I STILL ENJOYED THE TIME THERE

RICH

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The ruins are back in the woods. It's really hard to see. The one building is right by the Mullica, if you walk past the canals and through the woods. You'll hit a path - make a right and walk down towards the river. You can't miss it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

I missed the one by the river when I was there. I keep seeing it on your site. I will have to go back when I am in the area.

guy